Monday 3 June 2013

Lost: Running Mojo. If found please return to 12-Months 12-Marathons...

Mojo, where did you go?
Was it because of the Edinburgh Marathon?
Was it because my knee hurt this week?
Was it because I had my prized Garmin stolen?
Surely you're not getting tired of running marathons already? We're not even half way through the year!

Whatever the reason I'm pleased you're making a return - I've missed you! This week has felt stressful without you.
Perhaps all you needed was a 9 miler around a sunny Hampstead Heath this weekend. Perhaps you just needed an early night? I know the incredible kindness of Peter, who bought me a replacement Garmin, helped a lot. He's an incredibly selfless individual.
Maybe I just realised that the only way to find you again is to go for a run?

In any case, I have a treat for you. A Chi running session with Gray Caws tomorrow evening, and perhaps a session at the track on Thursday (watching, not running) while some fasties leg it around at breakneck speed.
Then, on Saturday I have marathon number 6 for you. So soon you ask? Edinburgh was only a week ago?! Yes, but the South Downs Marathon is a trail marathon - you like trail marathons.
Then, as if that wasn't enough, the day after you've got a City Trail event run by Salomon, featuring on hand help from Mark Hines - the explorer you're going to see on the 17th June.

If that doesn't bring you back, we're screwed.

Hampstead Heath in the sunshine this weekend. Can't not love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment